We are launching an open call for the third edition of Travel the Wall, an international artistic exchange programme for the users of Wallspot’s platform. The selected artists will perform interventions on the walls managed through Wallspot, accompanied by cultural managers from the destination city (Throw Up Gallery in Aberdeen, Rebobinart in Barcelona and Rewriters in Rotterdam).
This year 4 artists will be selected to travel and paint during fall 2019. It is a unique opportunity to discover a city, meet cultural actors and local artists, and publicise the work of Wallspot artists!
Each intervention will be documented (photos and video interview) and shared through Wallspot’s communication channels (website, social networks, newsletter, press).
Each cultural manager will choose an artist, who will travel to the destination city during autumn 2019.
Barcelona: from October 14 to 20
Aberdeen: dates to be confirmed
dates to be confirmed
Artists of Travel The Wall’s second edition (November 23-26, 2018):
• Je73 (Parma), KMG (Aberdeen) and C. Gull (Dundee) came to paint in Barcelona
• From Barcelona ONA was selected in Aberdeen, Surace in Parma and El Rughi in Dundee
• 1 artist will be selected to travel to another Wallspot city (in the case of Rotterdam, 1 artist will travel to Aberdeen and one to Barcelona)
• Each Wallspot manager will choose the artist who will travel to their city
• Deadline for registration: September 25, 2019
• Announcement of the selected artists: first week of October 2019
• Registration for the open call implies acceptance of its terms and conditions.
• Being registered as an artist in Wallspot
• Living in Europe
• Having painted on one of these Wallspot walls between January 1, 2019 and September 25, 2019: Sunnybank Park or Donside in Aberdeen; Tres Xemeneies, Agriculture, Selva de Mar, Western Town, Poble Nou, Forum Beach, Forum Place, Drassanes or Mas Guinardó in Barcelona; Ponte Europa, Cavalcavia Railway Via Trieste or Parco Nord Skate Park in Parma; Croos in Rotterdam
• Having published photographs of the works created in Wallspot, in the artist profile section. The jury will only consider the works published in Wallspot to make the artistic selection.
If you want to participate and have not painted yet, you are on time!
• Round trip flights
• Transfers from the airport to the destination city
• Video interview and communication through social networks and press
More info or questions: email@example.com