OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS TRAVEL THE WALL x AgitÁgueda
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS
TRAVEL THE WALL x AgitÁgueda
We are happy to announce the first call for artists TRAVEL THE WALL, a Wallspot program that aims to develop artistic exchange among Wallspot cities, promote artists from the platform and create international projects to recognise their talent.
Travel The Wall is kicking off thanks to the collaboration with Cámara Municipal Águeda, our Wallspot manager in Águeda (Portugal) that organises AgitÁgueda, an interdisciplinary festival that promotes culture in the city. Muralism, art installations, music, workshops and activities will take over the streets of Águeda from the 7th to the 29th of July 2018 to celebrate culture in the city.
Travel the Wall will select 1 artist to paint a wall during the festival in Águeda.
Terms of the call for artists
- 1 artist will be selected to paint the wall located in Torre dos Bombeiros(Praceta Rio Grande, Águeda, Portugal) during the festival AgitÁgueda
- Sizes of the wall: 20 meters x 6 meters (height x width). Use of a lifting platform will be necessary so applicants must hold an official certificate stating that the applicant is entitled to work with mobile elevating platforms
- Dates to paint the mural: from the 7th to the 11th of July (both included)
- The work created must be a unique, unseen work of art and must respect human dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms
- Deadline to submit applications: 3rd of June 2018
- Public announcement of the selected artist: 8th of June 2018
- The submission of an application implies the acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this call for applications
- The selected artist will sign a collaboration agreement with Wallspot in order to formalise their participation in Travel The Wall x AgitÁgueda
- Artists from any country can apply
- Applicants must be registered on Wallspot as an artist
- Applicants must have painted any wall listed on Wallspot from the 1st of January to the 31st of May 2018
- Applicants must be able to issue an invoice for the artistic services provided
- Applicants must hold an official certificate stating that they are entitled to work with mobile elevating platforms. Legal regulations on this matter vary in every country so it is the responsibility of the candidate to check the specific regulations in their country to obtain their certificate. If applicant does not hold this certificate at the time of application, they must commit to obtain this document before the 30th of June 2018 in case they are selected to participate in Travel the Wall x AgitÁgueda. Any costs associated with the issue of this certificate must be borne by applicants.
- Artists from all countries can apply
- Applicants must fill out the online application form
The selected artist will be provided with:
- The jury, formed by members of Wallspot and AgitÁgueda, will determine the selected artist
- The decision of the jury will be announced on Wallspot Facebook on the 8th of June 2018. The artist selected will be contacted by phone or email.
- The jury will only consider the works that applicants have created on Wallspot walls and that have been posted on Wallspot website. The jury will take into account the quality and originality of the works.
- 500€ as artist fee
- Materials (paint, sprays, rollers, brushes…)
- Mobile elevation platform
More info: LINK